In this session, we will describe on how to root the HTC One M8 4.4.2 in some easy steps so that you can grasp process for onward application. This will work on Mini, X+, M7 and M8 devices.
- A Windows-based computer or Laptop ready.
- Battery charge level 70%. minimum
- Back up of all important data of the device as theses will be erased during the HTC One M8 root.
- Fastboot is installed.
- Root HTC One.zip downloaded.
- HTC USB drivers for Windows installed.
- Android SDK and ADB installed.
- So before you can start rooting HTC One M8 running 4.4.2, go to Settings > Developer Options and get your USB Debugging
- Now connect your device to your computer.
- Go to Settings > Power and ensure that the fastboot is turned off.
- Turn off your device and hold both Volume Down and Power button for the boot into the bootloade Choose fastboot and click the Power button to enter. During this make sure that your phone is connected to the computer.
- Now open the Command Prompt and type “fastboot oem get_identifier_token” and then hit Enter.
- On right click, select mark. Now select from the start of the first arrow in the token and continue to the last in the token end line. Now, copy this to your clipboard.
- Go to com and register your account there if don’t have one earlier.
- Now go to the home page and choose unlock bootloader and click get started.
- Now from supported devices, scroll down to select your device and click begin unlock bootloader. When it ask if you still want to continue, hit yes. Check both the boxes agreeing with Legal Terms. Then, proceed to unlock instructions.
- When appear the box asking token, paste the token that was kept copied earlier in your clipboard. Now click submit.
- Go to the email inbox by which you registered your account with HTC and you will find an email in the inbox with the unlock code file. Download that to a safe directory. Then, copy it to device’s Root File Folder.
- Now, close the command prompts if that has not already done and open the Root File Folder. Click Shift and right click in the folder and then open a command prompt there.
- In the command prompt type in fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin, press enter and your device you show message asking if you still wish to unlock the bootloader.
- Using the volume key navigate to yes and then use the Power key for selecting it.
- Your device will now boot and fully wiped. Now, go through the setup process so you can start the HTC One M8 4.4.2 root.
- Now, enable USB Debugging and disable the fastboot from the
- Copy the SuperSu file from the Root File Folder to your device.
- Switch off your phone and go into the bootloader.
- Now, enter into fastboot. Then, from the root file folder go to TWRP Recovery.
- Open the command prompt inside the folder and type fastboot flash recovery (exact the name of recovery that you want).
- Then, type fastboot erase cache.
- Now choose the bootloader and press the Power button to select. Navigate to recovery and choose it by using the Power
- Now, TWRP Recovery will boot. Then, click on Find out the SuperSu file and flash it. Then, click reboot system.
- Done! You just rooted HTC One M8 running 4.4.2.
Verification of the process.
- You can you verify the rooting success with Titanium Backup app found in the Google Play Store.